June 26, 2009

A post in which I'll use the word 'truly' and 'verily' and hope no one will notice I'm redundant.

Truly, nay, verily, I'm in amazement.

In less than 2 weeks, I've had 1 good studio visit with a collector, 1 superfantastic studio visit with a bunch of superfantastic collectors, 1 sale, 1 mind-fuck, 2 inquiries, one workshop offer, 1 show, 1 class offer, 1 show cancellation, and 1 commission. On top of that, I've got a great group of students in my drawing class. The mind-fuck and the cancelled show, I could have done without, but other than that, I've experienced a rather pleasant course of events. I would call this "flow." Of course, right now, right this minute, I should be putting together a list for someone in hopes of another sale, but I was so damn excited after hearing the commission came through, I just had express my gratitude for being able to wake up, have coffee and work as an artist. Possibly in that order. I know that may sound a little blithe, but I am truly in awe of the timing. Plus, after working small all year, it will be fun to work large again knowing it will leave the studio immediately!

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.