June 18, 2009

Okay, it's all good, really it is.

Jeesh, I'm tired. More mental than physical, though I have been up & down on a ladder, drilling holes, planting plants, cleaning studio, placing lights and moving large rocks from one area of my yard to another. The outside version of rearranging the furniture. I also moved a dead log from one part of the yard to another, but had to move it back because I felt sorry for the 3rd generation of huge carpenter bees that have lived there for years and couldn't find their home after I moved it. One bee was still in the hole in the wood, but the other two kept trying to penetrate a sandbag near the original site.

The studio is about as clean as I feel comfortable making it. I eradicated everything on top of my studio work table in order to accommodate a coffee urn and some pasties PASTRIES for the Saturday morning visit. That's fine. I have to start from scratch every so often anyway.

I need to think some more about the works before I give my talk. There are still several influences and factors and tangents that I haven't had the time (inclination) to parse. It might be time I applied for an artist residency. Mmmm. Time. Unfettered. Sigh. Yes.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.