June 22, 2009

Art and artists and the people who love them.

My studio compound

Small works really don't photograph well from a distance, do they?
I wisely decided to open the garage door.
Me doing my usual introspective mental space out thing before I talk about the work. I've had this same expression since I was two years old. I zone out quite easily.

Lunch with Robbie Conal and some of my lovely hosts and hostesses. He doesn't live too far from me. I thought he was nice. He might do a studio visit with me.
This one remind me of Renoir's, "Boat Party Luncheon."

Charles Arnoldi's studio









Tony Berlant's studio




Part of my joy yesterday was reconnecting with that sense of comfort that comes through continuity and passion.

3 comments:

Carla said...

You set up such an inviting space. The tent was a very good effect, I'm going to remember that for myself. It's amazing how the outdoor lighting reveals that painting's character and space.

Congratulatons on most excellent hostessing.

Steven LaRose said...

whoa, studio envy. . . .

M.A.H. said...

Ya think?

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.