June 28, 2009

A note above my desk

"Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits" ~Thomas Edison.

I had another inquiry about the work this weekend and was confirmed for a 2010 exhibition at the Brand Library and Art Center in Glendale, CA.

Things I need to do:
Read.
Make written, as opposed to mental, notes about the new work.
Go on a weekend getaway, take my journal and stay in a nice hotel. I like nice hotels.
Apply for something, such as a grant or residency.
Clean my blinds.
Schedule my physical.

What I want to do:
Sleep.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I love the quote...so true!

M.A.H. said...

Indeed. It's been hanging there for awhile.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.