June 26, 2009

Flashback Friday Warm-up



I'm going to have to figure out an easy, cheap and quick way to scan slides in order to keep working the FBF thing. Stay tuned. Meanwhile I'd like to use this post to kick-off Flashback Friday with stuff from the Museum of Ephemera, also know as stuff I find when I go visit my mom and start opening drawers and stuff.

I laughed pretty hard when I found this.

1. My grandmother smoked occasionally and would preserve all sorts of ephemera in cellophane cigarette wrappers.
2. The fact that I, aka Pretty Baby #2, at the age of 3, would make a bookmark from a piece of crocheted yarn, a cellophane cigarette wrapper and a label denoting the above is hysterical to me. I could have just as easily made this yesterday.
3. The fact that it still exists.

My grandfather was a theologian of sorts and there is an entire bookcase in my parent's house that contains several varieties of holy books from a various cultures along with a passel of Bibles spanning a couple of centuries. I'm not very familiar with everything in there, but I like old books, so I felt like perusing last time. None of this is important to Flashback Friday except to explain that the bookmark was found in a chapter called Reception of The Holy Spirit and I didn't want to disrupt the ecosystem by removing it.

Next week, I'll resume posting real work.

2 comments:

Steven LaRose said...

The only reason I have jpgs of my old stuff is because I was working at a really boring production studio and I used their slide scanner as part of the office hustle to make me look busy as I scooted around on my wheelie chair and drew pictures.

Carla said...

That is funny. I think you may have the all-time furthest flashback.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.