March 22, 2010

Whew.

Hard work selling stuff for a $1. I don't know what brings out the pissy in me, but when you've reduced a practically brand new $70 Michael Stars dress to a $1 and gently used linens to $1 and someone still wants 50¢ off, it's like, NO, that's $2. Two Dollars. Then they walk away because they didn't get it for $1.50.

Matt and I killed the last hour playing Parcheesi. I won. Twice. I enjoy Abstract strategy games.

Today I'm back on the computer wrapping up an application, accounting, and prep work for upcoming group show. After the yard sale ended, I tackled the studio angling for a more efficient use of space. See Abstract strategy games above. It's really all the same, you know. It kills me, but I'm putting that great find of the wooden cubbies on craigslist. A nine foot piece of furniture is just too large unless I were to have a huge loft. It eats up an entire wall. I may wait until the very last minute just in case, but I removed it from the studio already.

Decided on a real estate broker. Let that fun begin.

Decided that my amazing show title was just o k a y, not great. I sort of suspected this. Theoretically it was a great title, but I had that feeling it was too easy, too pat. I spent quite a bit of time reading a 1947 unabridged dictionary yesterday.

1 comment:

Elaine Mari said...

Your post brings back memories of pre-moving yard sales of the past for me. Some people can so bring out the pissy at a yard sale.

Very moving post mah. (oops, no pun intended).

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.