March 29, 2010

So, if you think I had issues with packing and shipping, you should catch me with packing and moving.

  1. I went to a meeting with some biker friends.
  2. Made two trips to the storage unit.
  3. Organized the storage unit.
  4. Laundry.
  5. Did part one of a repair on a vintage purse my aunt made, and that my mom paid good money for someone to sew together but they did a half-ass job and I felt bad because it was the best they could do and so after a few years, I finally got around to redoing it myself today. And no it wasn't on the todo list, but I was packing away purses, so it was now or never. It's a great purse. I'll post it when I finish the repair. Unbelievably I have no black thread.
  6. Studio. Stacking 'em up and knocking 'em down. De-canvased 3 stretchers today and said goodbye to 3 less than stellar works.
  7. In the process of killing an 11" x 14" painting I keep thinking is done, but is annoying me.
  8. Thinking about stretching a 54" x 43" canvas and making a new larger painting for the show at the Brand library in May. 
  9. I was really inspired by a friend's painting on raw canvas, gorgeous buildup of layers and layers and layers, so I started an 8" x 10" painting on raw canvas with lots of thin layers. It's covered with a solid sheet of thick acrylic now. Not feeling the thinness and lightness of being, I guess.
  10. X'd out a few areas on another painting and brought it inside. I can't wait to paint in a studio with natural light. 
  11. Finally called my mom a 7pm to see if she remembered my birthday. She said she had been trying to call me all day and that the operator told her my number had been disconnected. I think she forgot to dial the area code. I wasn't very good at hiding my sadness. She asked me what was wrong and I just told her I was tired.
  12. Took an iPhone pic of #11. 
And now it's Monday....
I delivered a truckload of boxes to storage. I counted 8-10 boxes of books so far. I still have about 2 bookcases to go. I had more but I'm donating about 3 boxes of books to Goodwill. It just occurred to me that I am very comfortable around books. When I was a kid, my mom was working on her Phd. and also taught at Peabody College and Peabody Demonstration School in Nashville. Conveniently I also attended Peabody from nursery school through 3rd grade. Sometimes mom would stash me in the library on campus if she still had a class to teach after I got out of class. 

Then I scanned the house for detritus. first and second sweep, you know.
Then the studio to work on killing the same painting that did not die yesterday. Maybe I need to step away for a bit. 
Then back to house to finish up this post. 

Oh, and I have chosen to scan a bunch of loose papers with random but pertinent information, instead of painstakingly copying down the info by hand. So that's next. 


No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.