January 02, 2010

I have a gift for finding furniture on the street.


I mean, who doesn't, right? But I consider it auspicious that on day two of 2010, I have scored a most spectacular piece of furniture left on the street. It does eat up some space in the studio, but after a little refinishing and some casters, I will have a painting rack/storage combo with a false wall on the back side for hanging works. It will be easy enough to build an extension for the top, should I want to go that route. Plus, I should be able to shift some things around and lose some plastic crap furniture. Score!

4 comments:

Leora Lutz said...

losing crap plastic furniture is always great!

M.A.H. said...

crossing my fingers.

Elaine Mari said...

A total score! I was just saying the the dear one that I need a place to put all the work that is piling up and I am going to try to get her to help me build something after the drag of present studio renos fade from memory a bit. But coming across something in the alley would be so bonus.

M.A.H. said...

Elaine, I got 2 bids last year to make a painting rack/storage thing and decided to postpone building anything. It was a crazy find.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.