March 13, 2010

Sisyphean to do list:

I suppose after about 5.5 years of blogging, it might be obvious that I tend to write when I'm feel like I have a million other things to do. Like now.

Here's today's Sisyphean to do list:
1. emails thanking people who responded to my call for finding affordable studio space in Nashville.
After scouring Craig's list, I surmised that studio space in Nashville was something I would need to find on the black market, so I sent out a few emails.
I had high hopes yesterday when I thought there was a good chance I could have a dog-friendly studio space in exchange for some nominal fees and community service work, but it was not to be. I try to be one of those people who thinks that when something does not work out, it means something even more fabulous is out there. Of course, more fabulous is probably not going to be cheaper and considering the circumstances, I was shooting for cheaper until I could fit the rest of the puzzle together. I also thought it might be good to work in a building with other artists for a change. I'm a hermit. I like working by myself, and Fang and I have had it good. But when I moved to Los Angeles, my first 3 studios were in buildings with other artists. I still keep in touch with a few of them. It's also how I started getting involved.
2. Post Office. Need to mail my piece for the Incognito benefit.
3. Complete my application for an exhibition I'm applying for in Nashville.
4. Finish my accounting
5. Play with Fang.
6. PAINT. It's too late to wish for a residency, a pot of gold, a fairy godmother, a magic lantern or any of the other things that would run the rest of my life while I work in the studio today, but hope springs eternal.
7. Yard sale. Next weekend. Saturday. All those pocket warmers, eraser heads, electronic sports gadgets and some clothes I could not live without, along with just about anything else is up for grabs, including art. I don't really have time to do etsy or ebay, right now, so I'm thinking I might do a super sales blog, but making current work is superseding that right now.
8. Packing up books and stuff I can live without for a few months. The housing market is good right now. It might behoove us to put it on the market sooner than later.
9. I need to shoot the new work.
10. Housekeeping. ROTFL.
11. Fill in the blank.
12. Tonight I'll be making one of my rare appearances to a friend's opening at Jancar Gallery. Double bonus because I know both the artists and it will be a great show:
MERY LYNN McCORKLE - "Silence"
DAVID McDONALD - "Tiny Histories, 2005-2010"
13. There's a panel discussion at the Eagle Rock Cultural Center in conjunction with a group show I'm in.
14. Way behind on seeing other people's art, but next week. Promise.
15. Try and not be annoyed that some people think my last name is Addison. I'll reserve another post for the troublesome name issue and why I prefer to be called Maryaddison as opposed to Mary, but not today. Some people get it, some people don't. Five syllables seems to tax people. If they only knew it was three.
16. Something else I can't think of right now, but is probably on my desk mocking me.

1 comment:

Leora Lutz said...

lists! the just grow and grow don't they?

i for some reason, have always referred to you as maryaddison. like mary beth only cooler.
what's in a name?
syllables are funny. some people when i meet them for the first time refer to me as Lee. as if Ora is my last name....

so are you going to sell the "painted pants" we spoke of a few days ago?

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.