March 28, 2010

Surprise! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY ADDISON!!!!

I used to love birthdays. I still do. My only real gripe this year is that I have to pack and move stuff to storage, and so will not be able to fritter away the day. I'm sure I will go in the studio, but I HAVE to cart stuff off to storage. HAVE TO. Other than that I have no real plans. Yesterday I took the motorcycle out to Eagle Rock to pick up a painting from a show that came down. On the ride, I was kind of gloating to myself about being able to ride my bike to pick up a piece of artwork. Beautiful day in LA. Warm, sunny. Maybe I will sneak in a ride up the coast today. Along with everyone else in Southern California. Maybe not. Maybe I will paint outside. According to a chart I found on the internet, I am 8 in dog years. Fang is around 74 in human years.

Last night I dashed over to see Brit Tolliver's work at Kinkead and ran into a bunch of Tennessee ex-pats. Such a great group of folks.

I'm going to start a large painting. Just one.

2 comments:

Elaine Mari said...

Happiest Birthday Mary Addison. Painting outside sounds like the best thing to do, I think.

M.A.H. said...

belated thanks, elaine.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.