January 07, 2009

Lesser Bloggers Might have Given Up By Now.

I have been blogging consistently since October 10, 2005. Based on the anonymous info that sitemeter sends me I had three visitors today. One person was looking for the 'Feudal System' and another was looking for 'Banksy'. Usually I would have a fourth visitor hoping to garner information about 'My routine.'


I'm so laughing.

But the big news is that..... ta-da, today marked the first watercolor of 2009. I say first, because I started and finished it today. I've worked on finishing up some 2008, 2007 watercolors thus far in the New Year, but yep, this was the first brand new one, though it doesn't scream 2009. I need to take some time to consider what 2009 should be about.

Mary Addison Hackett, Not yet titled, 2009, 6 x 9in. watercolor and gouache on paper

Also I think I may have done a social networking faux-pax. Someone mis-quoted a Kandinsky quote and then attributed it to Paul Klee. I chimed in that it was a Kandinksy quote. I wasn't trying to be a know-it-all, but it's one of my favorite quotes and I have it on my studio wall. I was pretty much ignored after that, so maybe I shouldn't have been such a quotation cop.

I'm wondering how many people actually understand my sense of humor.

7 comments:

Carla said...

I'll be number four then, though I thought I came by earlier today.

That is one kick-ass year-starter of a watercolor.

You were right to correct the misquote, (imo without knowing the conversation).

You crack me up all the time.

I really enjoy this blog.

M.A.H. said...

Thanks Carla! So YOU were my one legit visitor today! Excellent.

Tracy Helgeson said...

What! What about me? I am here too! I have had your site open on a tab and keep coming back to stalk, oops I mean read you. Oh, maybe I opened it the day before. But still, I have you in bloglines so I always come over when there is a new post.

I'm going to send you some visitors though, you really should have way more:)

M.A.H. said...

hehe. Thanks Tracy, I was hoping I wouldn't have to start making up stuff or posting about things beyond the confines of my property line. Content. I need more CONTENT, dammit.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Hmmm. Content. Can you get some chickens? They always work for me:)

Steven LaRose said...

me like painting

you are better than me

ugh

maybe me try gwash

What was he quote btw?

M.A.H. said...

Hey Steven,

1) No such thing as better.

2) The quote was, "The more frightening the world becomes...the more art becomes abstract."- Kandinsky.

That's the one I have on my studio wall.

On FB, a Paul Klee group has it attributed to Klee as,"The more horrifying the world becomes, the more art becomes abstract"

I'm sticking with Kandinsky though I'd like to find it in its original context.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.