January 29, 2009

It was a very good day in the studio.

I think I may have completed 2 small watercolors for the Santa Monica Museum of Art's Incognito exhibit. I'll have to let them sit overnight and take a look tomorrow. 

I go crazy if I go without painting for too long. I mean, grumpy, world-can-go-to-hell-in-a- handbag nuts. I know this because 1) I start getting grumpy and crazy and 2) when I finally get in the studio, it's like Stargate has opened and I am teleported to a place where all is well and there is only peace and happiness. The effect is immediate. The work may sometimes be about struggle, but I do not struggle while painting. Watercolor painting, especially, is so soothing. It focuses me. I bet if everyone knew how to watercolor paint, we'd have world peace. There is no way to be angry, confused or disgruntled, or hell- even sad, while working with watercolors. 

(Ok, maybe I lie. maybe I have been sad, angry or confused when working on a watercolor, but not for long.)
***
I have to clean house, finish painting the utility room and prep a work for shipping. My to-do list keeps growing, but I'm knocking stuff off a little at a time. February is a big deadline month. 

***

And there's other stuff, which I am certain I will post briefly about soon enough. 
If I remember, I will stealth post the watercolors tomorrow. 

3 comments:

Steven LaRose said...

NOW!
ME SEE NOW!

Steven LaRose said...

I just went to visit the "smaller works" site and besides being enchanted with the marble top table, was struck by a Raymond Pettibone corollary. Maybe I mean "connection to" or "affinity". . .

"litsva"

says the word verification. . . they seem more poetic lately.

M.A.H. said...

Thanks for your enthusiasm. I have a purpose now. What about the chair? Oh wait, I haven't posted the chair. I have another purpose.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.