January 28, 2009

I think I have a studio... let's see, where is my studio?

I'd rather be dictating this post to one of my minions because I think I might need new glasses and my eyes are very tired.

This time last year I was knee-deep in 6 large canvases and prepping for a solo show. This year, I am painting interior walls prepping for the appraiser to come in on Friday and appraise the house. Fire Ice is my nemesis. It is a color I picked out while temporarily insane. I have tried 2 walls with it. It is truly the spawn of the devil. I am putting it out on the curb for someone.

Here's a couple of fun facts about me:
1. I don't like choosing frames for my work.
2. Apparently my tastes in colors and decorating schemes is really bland. Not entirely true. In theory and in my fine art practice, I'm excellent with choosing color combinations, but put me at Home Depot in front of the paint chips and I'm suddenly paralyzed.

It's like outside of the studio, any kind of creative decision is like, waaay too taxing for me.

I am still in the middle of a fellowship application, a public arts application and am building my etsy site, very slowly.

Tomorrow I am determined to work on a couple of gouaches for the Santa Monica Museum of Art's Incognito show.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.