January 10, 2009

I am so procrastinating on some stuff, but it's a good year so far.

The last couple of days have been great. I've received some good new concerning some shows, which is always good for my ego, and I uploaded some images which turned out to be another subtle way to get some attention. A few strands of conversation here and there with people, and then right before bed I got an email from someone who had seen my work in a collector's house over the holidays. Unlike 99% of the artist population, I am always amazed at these things. Simple things, like someone buying my work and finding out they hung it in their home or office. As opposed to say, U.S. Storage, which seems have the largest comprehensive collection of my work.

There are lots of openings in the Metropolitan Los Angeles today. Timing is tough especially if you have to keep getting in and out of the car and dealing with traffic and parking. Matt might have to work late and if so, I may take the motorcycle if it's not be too chilly. It's a gorgeous day here in beautiful Culver City.

Along with a veritable slew of other openings...
Kristi Engle Gallery is having an opening with Ted Apel in Highland Park.
Lisa Adams at Lawrence Ascher Gallery on the Miracle Mile
Lester Monzon at Kinkead Contemporary in Culver City
Elana Kundell is in a group show at The Loft at Liz's near the Miracle Mile

That list is pushing my limit of how many shows I can see in one night. I'm planning on seeing the work at Kristi's next week.

Oh gosh, PS. Matt cut a film for director, Jason Wulfsohn a couple of years ago that's been screening in some festivals and it's going to screen here in L.A. tomorrow night-

Tracing Cowboys
at the Downtown Independent Theater
Sunday Jan. 11, 7 pm.
251 S. Main Street
Los Angeles, CA
Cast and crew will be in attendance.

http://www.tracingcowboys.com/reviews.html


No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.