July 22, 2008

Rehab

Your Name in Lights
watercolor, gouache, acrylic on paper

5" x 7"

I've made a lot of drawings, collages, things on paper. Some of them were in service of larger installations and some of them stood on their own. A lot of them were intentionally lame because they weren't trying to be anything other than what they were. On the other hand, there were some that I kept thinking I'd "finish" one day when I was totally bored and uninspired. So that's where the concept of rehab came in. And now because I am totally bored and uninspired, I thought I'd take some time and rehabilitate the downtrodden drawings. It's kind of like collaborating with a former self. I'm also into text again. I like text. It's so dumb.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.