July 25, 2008

My todo list of exhibits I want to see:


Looky See: A Summer Show opens Saturday July 26, 6-8p. BEN MALTZ GALLERY at Otis College of Art and Design.

ANN BRIDGES at at 3875-1204 Gallery (project space for Jancar Gallery)
July 12, 2008 – August 2, 2008. Last week. I have to go.

The puppet shows at Santa Monica Museum of Art, July 26, 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and Saturday, August 2, 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. I wanted to be a puppeteer when I was a kid and I still make puppets every now and then.

The Summer Solo projects at Kinkhead Contemporary. 5 Artists. 5 Solo Shows. 5 Saturdays. July 12 - August 21. I have to go see Erik Oost tomorrow before I can see Britton Tolliver next week. Great concept, just a bit quick. Fortunately it's only 2 miles away.

ALI SMITH AND DAVID RYAN at Mark Moore Gallery. June 28 - August 16, 2008.

Then there's the 2008 LOS ANGELES JURIED EXHIBITION, which for some reason I never enter, but 500 other people did. July 31 - September 7, 2008

And of course, I Want to Believe isn't really an exhibit, but that's where I'll be Saturday night- at The Bridge Cinema De Lux, because I'll be with 2 audiophiles who think the Bridge has the best sound system in LA. The other best sound system would be the ArcLight, but if you're a sound geek, you're probably already aware of this debate.

And The Dark Knight, because Heath Ledger's performance in just the trailor is amazing.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.