October 19, 2010

It's 5pm. The sky has not changed color all day.

Thus far, my day has consisted of:
Getting worked up over a mission statement for a group I've decided not to participate in, that contained the phrase, "...with a goal to provide an alternative venue for artists free from the constraints of the retail market." Don't get me started. I already wrote a rant. It's not directed at anyone, but in it I pick apart, "constraints of the retail market." The economy is tanking, unemployment rate is 9.6% or 14.8 million here in the U.S., and project spaces are worried about the "constraints of the retail market"? Seriously, do not get me started.
  • Trying to document my latest painting with and without a tripod, with and without studio lighting, with and without scanning, and then finally realizing that I still am in need of tweaking a portion of the painting. grrrrr.
  • ebay, research and prep for auctions. Trying to simplify my life, 99 cents at a time. Sheds a whole new light on "another day, another dollar."
  • ichat with tech support.
  • Petting the dog & reassuring him that he was a good dog in that silly, who's a good dog? voice I use.
  • Raking the kitchen floor after the dog came in the house.
  • Afternoon espresso. sucked down and barely enjoyed.

 It doesn't help that I've had to take some medicine with the following side effects: 


  • nervousness
  • restlessness
  • anxiety
  • difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
  • nightmares or abnormal dreams
  • not trusting others or feeling that others want to hurt you
  • hallucinations (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist)

-which means that when I wake up in the middle of the night, the first thing I am aware of is that I still have poison ivy and I want to claw my arm off. 

  • My yard sale is this weekend and I still have to wash the second, third, and forth batch of dishes and price everything.
  • I got busted for not paying my Culver City business taxes, mainly because I never applied for a Culver City business license, mainly because my studio was not located in a business district. I weighed the option of getting busted for having a studio at home vs. getting busted for not securing a license and took my chance. They tracked me down, and five months and 2000 miles later, I owe some cash. That would be why the call it the long arm of the law, I suppose. The fines were doubled, times 3 years. It could have been worse. It could have been better, too. This is why I do not like to sell work out of the studio. Too much of a hassle. I haven't looked into my options here. I'm hoping to find a middleman, affectionately known as a dealer, so I don't have to. 
  • Sometimes, I think I'd like to write poetry and call it a day. 
five pm it is
the sky has not changed color
I am restless




6 comments:

Carla said...

I'm laughing, from a similar land of home-bound self-generated enterprises.

M.A.H. said...

Yes, I've been meaning to inquire about the"kit" you mentioned on fb. I love kits. Perhaps, I need a kit too.

Carla said...

FedEx called at 7:30am. The kit will be here today.

M.A.H. said...

I can hardly wait.

Steven LaRose said...

Your haiku is broke
Unless restless is diff'rent
In the way it sounds

M.A.H. said...

man that sucks because
the haiku repair shop closed
leaving syllables

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.