August 26, 2010

T-29: My upcoming solo show.

My show is less one month away. I'm certain I have a zillion things to do, but at least I've booked a flight and rental car. And of course the paintings are done. Next up, prepping the works for travel, or packing and shipping. I lied the other day when I said I was signing and dating the works. I still have a few to do.

I haven't seen the press release and though I gave the gallery a bunch of words and paragraphs claiming to be a statement, as far as I can remember, I don't really have just one.

I had to laugh when I was told that for marketing reasons, the image for the postcard would be an abstract painting. I find this slightly amusing. I've decided that representational, figurative and abstract imagery are all the same, though I intend to keep referring to myself as an abstract painter. I made a mock diagram of the show today. I was lazy,  so I ended up using the same jpeg over and over.


3 comments:

M.A.H. said...

Yes, I too, find it odd that in my note, I refer to a recent painting as "the last abstraction."

Carla said...

I'm mesmerized by the right wall of identical abstracts, each sized to fall into a different time-space continuum. I think you've invented a new form of cubism.

M.A.H. said...

laziness, the real mother of invention!

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.