August 02, 2010

Another one of those post-slam posts.

A wood roach fell from the rafters the other morning.


I can't wait to take a picture and not have a moving box in the background. Wouldn't that be something? Yes, it would. 

The studiogarage has a really good feel to it. I still haven't finished am now close upacking it. I fogged it the other day and afterward about 5 wood roaches were on the floor. I made the mistake of leaving boxes open during the fogging, so I am prepared for further surprises. According to my draconian schedule, I have one more month (August) to focus on the house, meaning make it liveable. Eighteen (18) boxes of dishes, glassware and kitchen gadgetry came forth from my mother's cabinets yesterday. Most of the items were well protected by either a thick layer of dust, a paper bag, a plastic bag, or all three. Someone in my family tree thought juice was the most important meal of the day. I could serve juice to 100 people easily. 

I have posted all the completed paintings from 2009 and 2010 on my Flickr site, but with a limited view  to the general public of what may or may not be in the Sept show.  Oh the suspense. I will be showing selections from the pools & flowers and the small abstracts. I refer to them based on their obvious visual description. The complete titles of each body of work are rather lengthy and contain punctuation.

Today I yielded the hedge trimmers like a light saber. Due to the heat I also joined the ranks of women who wear bathing suit tops and shorts to do yard work. The studio has a great feel to it. I said that earlier, but I mean it. It's super rustic and I'm not going to store finished work out there, but as a working studio, it's good. I've had to let go of the notion of clean and there's no way in hell I'd sit or lie down on the floor and daydream. This is all to say, the only reason to be in the studio is to work. It's a no-brainer. No need to take my laptop out there- the office is in the house. Will probably not keep any books out there for insect reasons. No desk, no place to write. Not much of a lolly-gagging kind of studio at all. Just my easel, paints, the paint benches, the palette, tools, and the Moto Guzzi.  There are some drawbacks. There are enough fuse boxes to power a small but ineffectual city, and a huge electrical conduit which keeps me out of the studio when it is lightning.  I am hesitant to plug in too many lights w/o having the electrician's number nearby. It is very dusty, even after sweeping. Spiders laugh at me and rebuild their empires overnight. But all in all, I'm back in business. 

Which means of course that the house is still a wreck. 

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.