August 19, 2010

Inspired by poorly pruned trees and an army of figurines.

A Good Man is Hard to Find


The Misfit

I added a figure in a painting this week. Figurines, actually. Still working on the top image. Letting the bottom image stew for awhile. It's odd to make paintings right before a show that won't be in the show, but this is the beginning of a new thing, so they don't figure in (no pun intended) so much with the abstracts, or the pools and flowers. These are crustier and gooeyier than some of the previous works. I think of these like the new remains. It's nice to move on. I have no idea what I'm doing.

I should start broadcasting my upcoming show in a few days. If anyone is near LA, I hope you will come by. I feel like I have a lot invested in this one.


4 comments:

Carla said...

These are exciting, and it's so funny that we both added figures, odd figures at that, on the same day.

M.A.H. said...

I love the Internet.

M.A.H. said...

Coincidental and funny indeed. I saw it coming after rearranging the figurines. Have no idea the longevity of them, but I have plenty of fodder.

Anonymous said...

yummy paintings. like.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.