May 05, 2009

Screw the $95.00 Fancypants Thumb Box, I Acquired a Free Cigar Box.

And for a moment, I almost sat down and enjoyed a smoke with the rest of the boys. Seriously, it was tempting. I like cigars, but the smoke gives me a headache now. I picked the box up at UPtowns Smoke Shop in Green Hills. Nice place, but they need ambient lighting. The overhead lighting wasn't up to snuff. (I couldn't resist.) I would recommend a few nice table lamps paired with some decadent parlor room shades to accompany the leather club chairs. If I had a smoke shop, you can bet it would be comfortably stylish and dry cleanable. But I digress. Jeeze, I'm like craving a cognac and a smoke now.

Here is my new thumb box with a work in progress. I haven't pimped the cigar box out yet, but will post pictures when I do. Don't be fooled into thinking I was painting nature from life because I wasn't. It was just a nice day to be outside. But then again, it's Southern California, the odds are good it's ALWAYS going to be a nice day to paint outside. : P






I've got a couple of even newer things coming up that I just got wind this past week. I'll post as they become more concrete. One is group exhibit this summer and the other is a studio visit which may lead to an exhibition. I've decided to convert to Optimism, so we'll see.

My storage rent increased and this morning I unexpectedly spent over an hour moving to a smaller unit. I will be holding a studio sale soon. I get nervous about the idea of that for some reason, but it's something I need to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha. That looks sweet!

M.A.H. said...

Thanks Sara, I was so tempted to buy yours, but my DIY work etchic kicked in. It was nice meeting you this weekend!

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.