May 20, 2009

Very much a non-painting day today. I pretended to be William Wegman; Fang pretended he was a Weimaraner.


I explain the current work to Fang in depth.


I point out this painting as example.


Fang asks me some questions about my process. I patiently listen as he asks me what brand paint I use.


I went for a morning run. So far so good on that. Since I injured my knee due to over-training the first go round, I'm at the beginner level all over again. 1.7 miles every other day and will increase slowly until I'm back to 3-mile runs. I started a running blog about the same time as I began this blog. I deleted it after I quit training for the marathon due to the knee injury. It mocked me, sitting there day after day with no updated posts. If anyone knows how to retrieve a deleted blog from 4 years ago, let me know, I googled it and all I got was an archive of sorts. One entry tells me that I cross trained after the injury for 1 hour and 55 minutes. What kind of masochist was I?

After the run, I showered and put on a dress to meet a friend for an impromptu coffee but I was running so late that I had to cancel. I didn't want to take off the dress though, so that left me to work on the computer on stuff like banking, syllabus update, writing and other nonsense like the photo essay above.

I'm now waiting for a woman who wants to buy my Tracer projector from me. Like I ever was going to trace an image and paint. I think I almost used it once.

5 comments:

Steven LaRose said...

I did laugh out loud at:
"I patiently listen as he asks me what brand paint I use."

M.A.H. said...

Fang thought it was funny too. He was just being a smart-ass since I made some insensitive remark about his being color-blind.

Jacie Wiggs said...

You make me laugh at least once a day. :o) You are truly halarious!!

M.A.H. said...

Thank you Jacie. That was a nice comment to wake up to. I think I'm funnier in a dress.

Steven LaRose said...

I, for one, am super-halarious in a dress.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.