May 14, 2010

I like studio visits with collector types because they like like to hear me talk about my art and smile and ask me questions.

So, I wrote my answers down and then just held the paper folded up in my hand. It was a good talk. I spaced on asking  anyone to shoot some pics or record the audio. I'll have to assume I looked great and sounded even better.


The descriptive clause, LA-based artist is going to be difficult to let go of. Kris Chatterson and Vince Contarino have linked me to a blog they started, called Progress Report, "...a visually-driven project that will offer a glimpse of what artists in NYC and elsewhere are working on in their studios." Great blog title and some exciting work. 


I'm so elsewhere. 


 

I'm scheduled to pick up a truck today and drop off a bunch of work tomorrow, as well as complete all the requested info to go with. I have a lot to do in less than 24 hours. I'll get it done. Part of my coping strategy lately is my commitment to wear overalls for the 30 days, effectively simplifying one part of my life. No worries, I wash them and have been creative with my choice of tops and accessories.


3 comments:

Carla said...

Maybe accessorize with scarves? No. Make that buttons, changing message buttons each day.

Carla said...

Oh and congratulations on Progress Report. I linked to that recently from another source and was stoked to see Mary Addison Hackett listed.

word veri: dillfil

M.A.H. said...

The button idea is hysterical. I'm on it. That and maybe rainbow socks with toes.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.