May 28, 2010

I am tired, people.

I am surrounded by wonderful people in the various spheres, both tangible and not. All most of the paperwork is done. Seems I let a small policy lapse this past month on my mom's behalf, so I can look forward to more paperwork in June, but other than that, the business end of of the end got done. The funeral is Monday. I picked up Otto, the Palindrome Dog, from jail. He's no substitute for my boy, Fang, but he's a lovable lug and is special in his own way. I am happy to have him. I also felt an odd sense of comfort when I discovered there was an empty plot next to my grandmother that's already been paid for. I mean, it's not the same as owning as house, I'll give you that, but something about knowing I have a final resting place, just in case I'm not immortal made me feel good. I also got a sneak peek at the horse-drawn funeral hearse they have at the cemetery. Pretty cool. 






I found this sketch in a notebook my mom had compiled. She admitted liking Modigliani. My mom was a bit of a historian of life. There are records and documents of just about every thing. The Museum of Ephemera is taking note.


No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.