February 07, 2009

Memory jog

Seeing the new direction of Steven's paintings reminded me of some stuff I did in the studio a couple of years ago-






It was just the accidental mixing stuff on my palette that I found so interesting. I thought about trying to do paintings based on the palette, but recreating stuff is not my thing, so I've just enjoyed having the photographs. It's so tempting though. Luscious.

I did do one paintings inspired by the palette, but I think it was more inspired by Richter and a drought that was going on in Tennessee at the time-

Seeing the palette knife in action over at LaRose's, has inspired me again...and it's always nice to be inspired.

4 comments:

Steven LaRose said...

Hey thanks. I was just coming over to see what word verification I would get.

"ousil"

But now I just got to thinking how inspired I am too. I'm waiting for Stacy and Zaida to go to the movies so I can dash down to the studio this afternoon. I'll be posting more paintings tonight.

ps. how big is that watery one?

Anonymous said...

14" x 11" ractian

Anonymous said...

okay, this is getting to be just too good.

Anonymous said...

sorry, that was me.

keiko

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.