February 15, 2009

Drifting

I did not intend to let a whole week go by w/o posting but was not in studio last week except to pretend to clean, replace 4 light bulbs, take one painting further into mud and make aimless strokes on another. Hardly worth posting about. Working in oil is taxing for me right now. I feel like some indolent kid who just wants to make half-ass brush strokes going nowhere- which would be fine if I could conceptually acquiesce to that as a strategy, but apparently I can't. 

I've got the heater on and in about 5 minutes am going to force myself to work on some watercolors I started last year.  Have thought about moving the watercolor station inside the house during the next couple of months so that I can be warm and cozy and cocoon-like. Yes, I believe I will. 

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.