October 22, 2008

I'm going out to the studio and I'm not coming back until I've accomplished something.

I need to show three paintings some love today. The subject of scale came up the other night and scale is always fascinating to me. I've talked about the different physical aspects of the gesture, wrist vs. arm, but the zero-to-sixty factor is a challenge as well. Painting on a smaller scale is sometimes like being a Ferrari stuck in 5 0'clock traffic. Not that I've ever been a Ferrari, but whenever I see one, they're always, and I do mean always, going under 30 mph cause it's L.A. and there's always traffic.

But back to painting. One of the reasons I went back to painting, was because of the limitations. It's all about navigation.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.