August 17, 2013

Aiming for nothing.

that's my faux chop that looks like a chair.  ^



Today 
may have been the first day in 3 years
I didn't get emotional
The map of state quarters did it last time, 
but today, 
it was just a piece of cardboard. 
I took in the tattered inspirational daybook
with multiple dates listing births
and deaths, 
including a stillborn first cousin.
My aunt and uncle were like a second set of parents to me. 
My own mother had 2 miscarriages prior to my birth. 
Stuffed animals wrapped in plastic. 
Needlepoint panels noting our horoscope sign, a prom dress. 
Linen tablecloths, 
still creased.
Do I need to keep the paperwork from the cemetery? 
I mean, 
what's the worst that can happen, 
Eviction?





No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.