May 28, 2012

Upstate NY, day one.

As soon as I got to the airport, the sole of my shoe fell off. I bought some chewing gum and tried to do a quick fix. Bubble gum would have worked better. I finally found some shoe goo. I should have constructed some sort of secret exhibition in my sole before I glued it back together. 

I got in a mile run at Olana, Frederick Church's home. "And I own it" was apparently his signature catchphrase. It's on all the signage.




Nice trails. Being in a strange place, I suddenly got creeped out about running on a deserted trail at sunset in upstate New York. Much the way someone from upstate New York might keep creeped out running on a trail in the Deep South at sunset. I only did one mile. I read the paper too much. 

I headed over to the Rip Van Winkle Bridge and logged a 2-mile run on the Rip Van Winkle Bridge. There are several suicide hot lines on the bridge. I had a recurring thought that I would would trip and my iphone would catapult out of my hand. I had to shift focus a couple of times. 






End of day one. Tomorrow, I will post some art and people. 

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.