May 11, 2012

Summer, so far.

I love waking up and being in the studio. Love. I'm sitting in my studio rocking chair having coffee. The dog keeps dropping a tennis ball in my lap. 

Bad news. Working in isolation doesn't make one likeable. 

On the other hand...


And then there was this. (See yesterday's post.) It's still in progress. The pink was just a stab at something before getting to something else. I'm not very committed to color in the beginning. It was a landscape of my car at first. I'm not very committed to subject matter at first either. I should probably be leaking the work that's going to be in the show. I'm sure this will change. The bear is not at all as gargantuan as my memory of the postcard. I may pull a Lucien Freud and make a long canvas, so I can make him taller. His posture is funny. I may keep that. 

4 comments:

Mery Lynn said...

Good luck with your shows! I told everyone I know upstate about the John Davis show.

Didn't you miss those lush greens when you were in California?

M.A.H. said...

Thanks, ML.

Funny, though. I was just missing the desert.

Carla said...

Love the bear.

M.A.H. said...

His has potential. He might get a new tie for father's day.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.