May 09, 2012

This is Life.

School's out. All the artwork got shipped out or delivered to three shows (43 paintings). I'm back running on a regular schedule. I'm aiming for 5 days a week. I have a few paintings in the studio that are coming along so after a couple of studio hours, I broke for housework.

My original plan was to simply clean house, but I thought cleaning a closet might do a body good, too.

I was easily distracted by the glass ceiling I found on a shelf in one of the closets. To the right of the glass ceiling is a box of advertising pencils. To the left is a box of keys to things no longer in existence. The the left of that is something we picked up at Stucky's one year, a desk plaque that reads," I SAID MAYBE AND THAT'S FINAL."
Totally random still life.


Carton 1 of Christmas 1968. If only.
That is my handwriting. And those are my hieroglyphics. If I come across Carton 2, I'll let you know.

The vintage play food was a serious road block.


I am also sad to report I do not have an eidetic memory. I was almost sure I did. The other day I was looking for a photograph in the attic I had come across a couple of years ago. I thought it was of a large grizzly bear in a diorama in Alaska. I thought there was a man in a suit standing in front of the grizzly bear. I thought the grizzly bear was almost twice as tall as the man in the suit. I could visualize all this perfectly. It was a crisp black and white photo, dating from say, the 50's.




Brown bear, but not certain it's a grizzly  -2 points
Woman, not a man -50 points
Woman wearing pants +10 points
Alaska +15 points
No recollection of stuffed moose in background -20 points
Bear is twice as tall as the human +20 points
Woman is standing to the left of bear, not in front of bear -15 points
Photograph is slightly sepia-toned, not black and white -15 points.
Circa 1950's +15 points
Doesn't really look like a diorama, but it was a museum. Calling this one even.

It's been a full day.

5 comments:

Carla said...

House full of treasures siren song.

M.A.H. said...

No kidding. If only there was a way to record this... Some contraption that would capture the objects and transfer them to multiple sheets of 2-dimensional surface material bound with a coded rectangular bar on the back sheet.

M.A.H. said...

...or with a greasy substance and a stick on fabric.

Carla said...

If only.

lucymink said...

You have so many paintings ahead.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.