May 09, 2012

T-16. Another image leaks out of the studio....

Flowering Quince, 2012, oil on linen, 10 x 7.25 in. 

***

The paintings were shipped yesterday. I thought about random things during the shipping and packing festivities. Foremost, I thought, "Take care of the work and it will take care of you." I keep impressing myself with my packing skills. Efficient, compact and secure. Give a woman some cardboard and she packs for a day. Teach a woman to change the box-cutting blade before it gets dull and she packs for a lifetime.

2 comments:

Carla said...

Love the painting.

Packing work is so satisfying.

Elaine Mari said...

Nice nice painting.

I've been making boxes to store stuff that needs a box size I can't buy. They look like hell, I want to perfect them. I made a template, it is off. I made boxes to ship my paintings, they were perfect (well perfectly fine, anyway).

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.