December 22, 2010

Food For Thought

Highlights from a recent visit at Two Coats of Paint, the Two Coats Final Exam:
http://www.twocoatsofpaint.com/2010/12/simple-passion-for-painting-kate-faust.html
http://www.danielreichgallery.com/artistsp.html
http://www.twocoatsofpaint.com/2010/12/christopher-k.html


I love starting my day off with good fodder. The drag is that I'm inspired to spend a couple of hours writing my essay answer for the TC final exam when I need to be working on other things- like work in the studio, work outside the studio, also known as work in studio B- and Holy Holiday Batman, I should probably start Christmasizing myself.

It has occurred to me that instead of baking traditional Xmas cookies for folks, or even some of the beautifully artsy- inspired cookies, I could make Christmas Cornbread. Since I have not yet made such a dish, I will describe how I would make it.

1. Follow recipe on package of white cornmeal for Southern Cornbread in a skillet.
2.  Add some pimentos and some jalapeno peppers- just enough to imply a red and green thing is happening.
3. Bake.
4. Make a little rosemary or sage wreath to go on top.
5. Strategically place a couple of pimentos on "wreath" to look like holly berries or a bow, depending on your skill level.

Why Christmas Cornbread? Because it is easy and there's practically no cleanup. You dump a few ingreds into a bowl, stir, pour, and bake.

It's 9:30 am and I have already made an imaginary cornbread dish written an imaginary essay.
The coffee is real. The coffee is always real.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.