April 26, 2010

Saved

I know. Like how many in progress shots can one handle. 
Sleight of Hand (2010, possibly finished.)



I tried calling my mom for almost 2 hours and no answer. Had a neighbor go over and knock on the door - still no answer. Called the paramedics and they got in with a key. She was okay. The phone was unplugged. No explanation why she didn't answer the door. Her neighbor said it looked like she wasn't functioning on a daily basis anymore. My mother keeps saying she's okay. She's not. Tomorrow I  will try again to find a caregiver she won't kick out. I'm not sure whether I can last out the end of the semester. before moving. She seemed better last week. I am sad. And kind of full of anger at intangible things. 

6 comments:

Carla said...

How tormenting. I feel so lucky to have three siblings in town with my parents.

It's interesting to see how you finished this piece. Bold definements rather than refinements.

Steven LaRose said...

My favorite MAH painting this year.

Call me about cancer if you have any questions (Divinity forbid), because I'll be calling you when my parents and I reach a similar stage.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, you two.
I am grateful my mom has neighbors that have lived next door since the 1970's who are going above and beyond the good neighbor thing. Made many phone calls today and feel like my timeline is being expedited in a logical manner. Crossing fingers that the service sends the perfect match tomorrow and that I can manage with a couple more long weekend visit in the next 46 days.
xomah

Anonymous said...

(I wrote the above comment last night when I was feeling optimistic.)
SGL, Divinity forbid, I won't have questions about cancer, and I wish you hadn't had to become so knowledgeable about it. I'm going to stop posting in my comment section now. I'm just muddling through this elder parent thing, but I'll be happy to share what I can if you ever have a question. That saying, hindsight is 20/20 is a little too apropos.

Elaine Mari said...

The painting is wonderful, solid, strong.

So sorry to hear about all the stress and worry. I hope you get a bit of a reprieve soon.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Mary I am so sorry, I know how painful all this is.

LOVE the painting.....

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.