April 12, 2010

Mash-up

Open House was yesterday. I've misplaced my camera battery charger in the packing process. Other than that, I'm entertaining the idea of a spartan lifestyle. Note my miniature rock balancing formations in the corner. In the bookcase, the 13 disk audio book of the TLOTR.

It's awkward to tell people why I'm leaving LA and moving to Nashville. I search for euphemisms. I say my mom is having difficulty or she's not doing well as she has been. There has been no official diagnosis. Sometimes I think it's just better to play the eccentric card and leave it at that.

[Addendum: I had posted a headline from a weekly Nashville paper that I thought was a bit overkill and sensational, but I deleted it lest it was misleading. Think twice, post once.]

I fly there today. I wish I could find my battery charger.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sorry about the previous comment. I thought the article was about your art. Good luck on your trip.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Late to the party here, but just wanted to say that a. your house is beautiful and b. it already looks pretty spartan to me. But then I am about an inch away from being featured on Hoarders, so maybe my opinion should be moot;)

M.A.H. said...

Tracy, rest assured, this picture was taken AFTER my numerous meltdowns and hauling all my stuff to storage! I spared everyone pics of the packing mess beforehand!

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.