September 07, 2009

I'm back from Nashville, Part II

And speaking of Picasso...
While waiting for my mom's car to be fixed, I read the Carroll Dunham review of Picasso's Musketeer show at Gagosian (Artforum, September 2009). At first glance, just seeing Dunham's name and the images of Picasso's pirates and cubist soldiers made me laugh. The connection seemed so obvious and for a moment it was like looking at stills from a body swap movie.

I've been asked impromptu-like to participate in a 3-hour artwalk in Torrance next week. I'm thinking of doing it as a public art project. Coincidentally then, I see Sharon Butler's post on FB about her Washington Square art fair and I'm now figuring out ways I can be ultra-portable and compact. I have some work from the ITBICD series that would be perfect, plus it's an opportunity to do some live painting which I've secretly been wanting to do. I love the idea of a portable studio, well portable anything actually, which explains my fascination with casters.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.