September 28, 2009

I have no titles, but I have a wallet card to give me direction.

Untitled, 2009
oil on linen
7" x 5"

Untitled, 2009
oil on linen
7" x 5"

The bottom one is the same from last week, but scanned instead of shot with an iPhone.

I finally uploaded 10 of the abstracts to my website. I quit judging my works a few years ago, meaning that I decided that no one painting of mine was any better than another painting of mine, which is to say, I somewhat arbitrarily picked 10 out of about 20 to put on the website. I could be dead wrong of course, but that's my story.

I'm finally at a place again where I can make a concentrated effort to look for gallery representation outside of LA and have been devoting some time to that.

I'm also at a point where I'm desperately needing a residency and some time to think clearly about my where I'm going next. Meanwhile, I made a handy wallet card.

2 comments:

Tracy Helgeson said...

ooh, ooh, ooh!! I am going to Vermont Studio Center in January-you should apply and try to get in then too!!!!

LOVE the new one here, Mary, just love it. I am still somewhat partial to seeing something I almost recognize, I guess.

M.A.H. said...

waah! : (

I would have to overnight my app tonight in order to make the fellowship DL. I could do January...but probably only 2 weeks cuz of fuzzy face.....hmmm. would have to get ass in gear.

Oh and thanks. I'm so confused.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.