August 09, 2009

Let me introduce you to my new friend, the Los Angeles Freeway System.

Last night I documented a friend's performance at the Brand Library and Art Center. I was hoping to finish up in time to get to an open studio, also on that side of town, but by the time I was done, it was a crapshoot on whether I would have made it. Considering I'm not too good with finding my way around the Los Angeles foothills in the first place, I drove straight home instead. Straight, being the key word. I scored a perfect 100 for not veering toward the wrong freeway exchange at any point during the evening. Embarrassing as it may sound, when I don't pick the wrong exit on the freeway, I am elated. Countless times, I've had to pull off at the next exit, turn around and try it again. Painful. The drive home was nice but bittersweet. LA is beautiful at night with all the city lights twinkling; I'm driving a nice little sports car, and I have William Orbit, Strange Cargo playing. I felt like I was in a David Lynch Film and it made me a little sad. The whole trip was about 50 miles or the entire cd plus track one repeated.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.