August 30, 2009

No, I'm even slower than molasses, but we're getting somewhere.

Seriously. It's been 6 days so far. Granted, I have fed and walked the dog, bathed, practiced basic hygiene, taken care of some other pressing matters, and even managed to leave the house for some things, but overall, I have been working on the application for 6 days. Is there a grant out there which will cover the time it takes to apply for a grant? A Paypal donation button hanging out in cyberspace, something, anything that provides immediate gratification for this type of work? There are probably boilerplate examples out there, but even if I wanted to have a nonchalant non-interest in the process, I'd end up tweaking it until it wasn't boilerplate anymore, so what would be the point?

The breakthrough news though is this. I banged out, literally, tap tap tap tap, an updated statemtn about the new work, not bothering to spellcheck or figre out thether the snestebes were acutally speleld wrie or made esne I knew what i was siting,but since i'm a 4 finger tuper, indecl tand kmiddle finerhn,mon both hand, somethings if y keys are nont in the right pace, it looks something like this. Better cutally since I was going slightly slower.

Then after I got the ideas in place, I spell-checked and added some punctuation. Total flow. I still need to figure out some wording and sentence structure. Some it it would only makes sense to me. For instance, I've misused a few words, but they're placeholders until I can get back in there and overall I was pleased at how the ideas presented themselves somewhat effortlessly.

***
I leave for Nashville on Wednesday for a long weekend. My goal is to have it in the mail BEFORE I go.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.