August 07, 2009

I spent most of the day having a ménage à trois with Apple and AT&T. Sadly, I'm still not satisfied.

I've been having a voicemail issue with my cell phone, which I might add, I use as a business phone. I'm so not down with receiving voicemail 24 hours after the fact, but kept postponing the dreaded techsupportphonecalltimesuck. I'm not going to punish myself by looking at my calendar to see if the first time I noticed a delayed voicemail was 28 days ago, because if it had been, I could have walked into an Apple store and walked out with a new or refurbished iPhone, if indeed, the problem was the phone. AT&T is saying it's not on their end, but Apple is suggesting it could be the SIM card. Nonetheless, here I am 27 days after my warranty has expired and so I am troubleshooting EVERYTHING with the nice Apple kid outside of Dallas who at one point told me to "right click" something and I was like, "What? Did you just tell me to right-click?"
1) I've been using a Wacom tablet and pen for about 12 years and 2) I know that's dark side talk.

At this point, it seems like I'm getting voicemail within 10-25 minutes, which, while not exactly bomb squad worthy, is better than 24 hours and acceptable until I have replenished my patience for the next level of troubleshooting.

And yes, I was supposed to be painting today. Before the techsupportphonecalltimesuck, I grabbed some more paintings from storage and had a studio visit with a friend who is trying to turn a friend of hers onto my work. I say "try." I'm not sure my work would fit above her fireplace. I'm not being snarky, but people who have measurements in mind kind of freak me out anyway. I'm aware not everyone has my any port in a storm hanging mentality.

It will be a late night. This week was kind of chopped up with appointments anyway, so I knew it wouldn't be ideal, but next week, I only have one studio visit/breakfast scheduled and unless something outlandishly fantastic comes my way, I'm implementing bankers hours until this project gets done.

27 days past warranty. I loathe planned obsolescence.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.