July 02, 2009

I'm working on a manifesto.

What is it with being hungry at 2:30pm? I ate breakfast around 9 AM and bumped up my afternoon espresso to 11:15 AM. Wasn’t that enough? This business of scarfing down pop tarts as soon as I get home has got to stop.

Last semester, my key broke off and I couldn't get a working replacement key for around 8 weeks. Every Saturday, I tried to have faith that the replacement key would be in my mailbox or that it would be the right key, but no. I was locked out of the prop room, my classroom and my office until I walked over to campus police and requested they unlock the doors. And not to make light of people who don’t have another solution, but it tuned out the locksmith committed suicide shortly after my dilemma began, which might explain the wait. I was patient.

This semester, it’s the lights. More than half the lights in my classroom don’t work. I just hope the electrician isn’t burnt out too.

Enough of my gallows humor and bad puns.

Tomorrow is a holiday. Yay! My studio time is suffering from being broken up into teeny chunks of time before class and after class. Who am I kidding? There were no chunks this week at all. I did walk into the studio and stare at a painting. That counts for something. And this is how spaced I've been this week-I showed up an hour early today for office hours and didn't realize until 5:15 as I was leaving class, that it was Wednesday and that I had already held my 2 hours of office time on Monday and Tuesday.

I am going to work in the studio all day tomorrow. Chores be damned.

Oh right, the manifesto. It's a work in progress, so I'll piecemeal it out at the end or beginning of the upcoming posts. I'm still considering the purpose of my manifesto, but I think it's heading in the direction of how to rein in some of the chaos in my life and live a more peaceful, purposeful and prosperous life as an artist.
Beginning with:

All work made from this date on must fit in the trunk of my car.

2 comments:

Steven LaRose said...

Please make a manifesto, if only for me.

Carla said...

Manifesto Mondays?

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.