July 06, 2009

It's a start



I've had these shoes for at least a few years. I thought they might prove to be my everyday shoes, but I was so slow on breaking them in, that only now am I considering wearing them all day. Today they're paired with my 501 shrink-to-fits, a long sleeve black polo, a sweater (totally picked up the wrap look from The Sartorialist) and an outdated handbag in a sort of a houndstooth tweed.

I'm currently sporting this look in the classroom.

The iPhone really should be more accommodating for self-portraits.

Note: the tat's from several years ago. Instead of opting for an Old English gang banger font to spell out my chosen mantra, I chose Japanese characters purely as a design element. Technically is means patience, when viewed while I'm sitting in Pigeon Pose.

***

And from the Do Not Attempt This At Home file:
I let Fang out this morning and did a double-take upon noticing that I had left a small painting out to dry between layers yesterday. There it was, sitting on a stool, covered with the morning dew. I'm sure I've done worse in my history of making art and properly caring for it, but at least it was a work in progress and thus gets a pass.

6 comments:

Steven LaRose said...

I looks like you could fight crime with that watch.

M.A.H. said...

It's my running watch. It reminds me that I haven't run.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Love the shoes, Mary ;)

M.A.H. said...

Thanks TH.

Today was a full day in them and they're still not ready for everyday knocking about. I will have to take them to shoe dr and have them stretched just a wee bit across the toes I think. Either that or socks, but I am radically opposed to socks ever since leaving Chicago.

A, for effort though, yes?

Kristi Engle said...

you beat me to that wrap look! I was going try that one out.

M.A.H. said...

I'm rockin' it two days in a row now. (I only have 2 cardigans.)

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.