May 01, 2008

Never get your bangs trimmed the day before an event

Famous last words: "I want them really short. They grew out so fast."

[sigh]

****

Well, my intentions today were to work on the laptop and compose some eloquent letters to folks I'd really like to see the show. And I would have, except that one of the nicest people in LA called to see if I was available to have lunch in Culver City. Then I two-wheeled it over to Venice to visit another one of the nicest people in LA, who honored my request to trim my bangs a tad too short.

Then there was grocery shopping, a dog food run, getting the details for pet sitting a neighbor's dog this weekend, and the disappointment of realizing the dress I won on ebay, was not REALLY a vintage Lilly Pulitzer dress after all. I mean, it's still a vintage frock, but I thought I had found an near-exact replacement for my summer painting outfit, which happens to be a well-washed and worn Lilly dress from the 90's. Instead I received a knock-off, but for 10 bucks I can still paint in it. Still, I had my heart set on finding an exact match.

And of course, later tonight is LOST.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.