May 06, 2008

I am a procrastinator

I drew (scrawled) a picture the other day of my perfect studio-


I keep envisioning this space, so I'm pretty sure it exists somewhere other than in Dwell magazine.

*****

And now, for the life of me, I can't figure out why I am sitting at the computer typing this rather than-

a) Wrapping some paintings to ship off to Nashville
b) Painting
c) Applying for a grant, etc.

Quick analysis:
a) It's hard to say goodbye
b) I have to pack and ship in a clean environment before I can let paint spills and drips fall to the floor
c) I'd rather be doing (b)

Concrete analysis:
a) I'd rather be doing (b)
b) My studio is a two-car garage behind my house. People don't just flock in. I need to do (a) and (c).
c) See (b)

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.