April 30, 2008

oh the vastness of a somewhat empty space

It's been over a year since I've had enough space to do a cartwheel in my studio. The monster truck paintings are in the solo show and unless someone begs me in the form of a commission, a hefty bribe, a studio barn out in the country, or a combination of all of the above, I do not plan on going larger than 72" x 60" in the near future. Which is kind of sad, because with the larger work, I don't have to turn the page so often.

Nonetheless, for the group show in Nashville and at AAF, I'll be showing some smaller works, and as soon as I finish making my chicken salad for lunch today, I'm going to walk into my studio, clean up the mess from the recent work and begin again.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.