December 03, 2013

Art Basel and the Miami Countdown. T-2

 vs.

Almost there. Almost. 

I already missed the opening performance of the Marina Abramovic piece at Untitled last night which I would have chosen to miss, so I'm still on track. I am getting jealous of all the beach shots I'm seeing. 

I will, however try and stop by Aqua where artist Tim Youd will “retype” Elmore Leonard’s classic novel “Get Shorty” in room 218 of the Aqua Hotel (1530 Collins Ave.) from Wednesday to Dec. 8 where artist Tim Youd will “retype” Elmore Leonard’s classic novel “Get Shorty” in room 218 of the Aqua Hotel (1530 Collins Ave.) from Wednesday to Dec. 8 where artist Tim Youd will “retype” Elmore Leonard’s classic novel “Get Shorty” in room 218 of the Aqua Hotel (1530 Collins Ave.) from Wednesday to Dec. 8...

And then there's this: 

Learn how to draw from skater-punk-turned-contemporary-pop-artist Ryan McGinness, dubbed "a Warhol for the information age." He's teaching a class at The Standard Hotel following the launch of his new book "Sketchbook Solutions", which will be available for purchase. He'll also give a lecture an hour before the class begins.

December 6 from 8-11 pm at the Standard Hotel and Spa.

I'm so there. 

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.