February 17, 2011

savemyassblue

Oops, found this as a draft. I think I was waiting to take better pics before I posted. 

Done. I like the one of the left the best. The clusters are declusterizing.

I added blue today. I'm beginning to call this hue, "Save My Ass Blue," aka cobalt. Not that it does, but for the moment I pretend like it does- save my ass that is. It probably won't. I had a full length down coat this shade of blue when living in Chicago. I couldn't stand the color, but I was desperate. I ditched it after the harshest winter. I'm guessing I will continue to work this painting into the ground, until calling it a watercolor will no longer be appropriate. I'm amused that the other day I thought I was digging myself into a hole with this painting, when in fact, that's exactly what it looks like to me. I'm also amused that I wrote, "work this painting into the ground." I'm easily amused by accidental metaphors. 

Of relevance, Carla commented:
"Have you seen "the mystery of picasso" film? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049531/
I was amazed by how much time he spent digging himself into holes. I remember thinking "whoa, let's just call this one a dud and move on". You could tell he knew how awful it was too. He kept working it, even when you knew it would never be a great piece. These were in ink, so everything was additive, and limited in what you could remove and change. It seemed he kept working it when he knew there would not be a great outcome. And there wasn't per se, but he would always take it somewhere and not give up. That was an eye-opener for me, that Picasso wanted to continue following the process when all hopes of a great outcome were lost."

Yep. 
The anti fatigue mats. Huge difference. I'm surprised, really. 

The saw horses are form IKEA. I love them. If I could, I would have every flat surface in my domain resting on these. They're adjustable. Only casters could make them more perfect, but the feet are too skinny for casters. I need to install gliders.
The Antechamber, prepped and ready to caffinate. Only a remote control button and casters could make this more perfect. Here, boy. Sit, pour, stay. Good boy. 

2 comments:

Carla said...

I need a save my ass color. I like the edge smacks on that left one. The studio looks so quiet.

M.A.H. said...

It is quiet. A friend is doing a photo project and has asked me to participate. I thought the train car would be too boring to shoot, so I told him the home studio. But now I wish we would shoot the train car. I'm so comfortable there.

"edge smacks". Nice. You're 2 for 2 with idioms and adjectives this year.

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.