January 08, 2010

More fodder on abstraction

I currently have 2 new flower paintings and 2 new pool paintings in progress. I'll upload some studio pictures this weekend. I purchased fresh flowers for the studio and am going to make that part of this year's studio agenda. I worked in a flower shop (I think it was called The Blue Thistle) in Chicago for a little bit and have floral design as part of my skill set. When you get down to it, there is not much in the way of randomness in my paintings.

James Scarborough wrote an essay about abstract painting in conjunction with Andi Campognone Projects' inaugural show, The New Irascibles, pointing out, among other things, that we're heading into roughly the 100th year anniversary of Abstraction. Something to think about.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.