September 12, 2008

Really, it's not that bad, but maybe one day it was.


Well so much for happy, shiny art. In truth, I'm in a good mood today. Feel good. Have purpose. Drank a wee bit too much caffeine, but otherwise, I'm rating a 92/100 today.

Was scheduled to meet someone for coffee today, so I suggested a not-so-new-place in Culver City called Royal-T. Not the typical coffeehouse or tea room. Ian Schrager meets MOCA meets Tokyo Pop. The maid/waitress outfits seem a little overkill, but there is an air of efficiency. Surrounded by some serious art, cordoned off by the largest Plexiglas cubes I have ever scene in my life, I had 2 lovely cappuccinos with soy milk and the Avocado Toast, which sounds much more dignified than a scoop of guac on bread.

No comments:

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.