September 26, 2008

Slow start this morning.

Still working on a commissioned project. It's going well and I'm actually enjoying the process even though it's quite different than how I normally work. There's a beginning and an end. What a concept. Using a grid to plan something is mildly amusing to me, which is good, because it keeps me amused. I'm geeking out with a time tracking app on my iphone, which not only keeps me amused, but also keeps me aware of the time:hourly wage ratio on said project. What a trip. I love what I do.

Yesterday, I did NOT pull out all of my savings and stash it in a cookie jar. I wanted to, but did not.

I have decided to knit a tweed maxi skirt in honor of the economy. I'm half way done with the pocket.

2 comments:

Carla said...

Are you going to have any "line in the sand" limits for commissioned painting imagery? I thought mine was teddy bears, but turns out I'm okay with that.

It's such a nice break to have that beginning and end point established, and to organize the most efficient path between the two.

Anonymous said...

The teddy bear comment was funny, Carla.

I used to think doing commissioned work was my line in the sand because it means someone's paying me for something they haven't seen, which means I have to, as you so eloquently put it, "have that beginning and end point established, and organize the most efficient path between the two."


This is a nice article about the composer, Annie Gosfield. I like what she says about commissioned work:

http://thescore.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/03/01/the-new-y1/

It's over.

Nov 7, 2020. Tears of joy and relief. It's been unreal and I'm ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. The desert has been tough.